An old method for new media

This is a fresh blog to go with a new year and a new direction. My name is Paul Hogan and i'm a photography student attending Coventry University, under the stewardship of Jonathan Worth and Paul smith.

Saturday 6 March 2010

Picbod# catch-up; Triptychs, textures and tights

i continued to shoot all through the rough patches and always had in the back of my mind that some of my images needed to tell a story, either alone or as a group. I'd never explored triptychs before this year and decided that i wanted to at least have a go at trying to represent a night through the format.

As valentines day came up it became the perfect opportunity to try this method out. I was still reeling from the aftermath of what i've since come to call 'flesh-gate' and i think that shows in the few photo's i plucked up the courage and took that night. My aim became more about being ambiguous and subtle rather than address what i should have, and that was the intimacy between me and my partner. That aside i like the images. There not emotionally charged really, just some nice plain images. I'll only whack one of them up here for that reason, in triptych form of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment